Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BreadFan

NBA Live 2001

Can anybody tell me how to run NBA Live 2001 in Win2k? I LOVE this game but hate Win98/ME. I can run the demo but the players are in a sudo wireframe mode. I heard the full game won't even install in Win2k. I have an ATI Radeon VIVO (certified 3102 drivers), SB Live Platinum, Asus CUSL2-C, PIII 1GHz, 512mb RAM, and an IBM 45gb hd. I have service pak 1 installed with all the compatibility updates. I am also running DirectX 8.0a. If anybody has any ideas I would love to hear them. Thanks in advance.

sorry as far as i know there are no work arounds or anything since EA flat refuses to support any NT5+ OS looks like you have to stick with 95,98 or ME.

I got it to work fine with a lot of help and messing around. First install the Windows 2000 ACT (it is on your Win2K cd under the support folder I believe) then install the Whistler ACT which you will find download links for on the thread in this same forum entitled Whistler Application Toolkit (or something to that extent) once you have both of those items installed, go and run appcompat (I think thats the program you have to run but Im not sure at the moment since Im not on my home computer and will have to look it up) and then point it to your NBAWIN.exe file or whatever it is, then click to run it. It should run in just plain Win2k mode however I found slightly better performance when running it in Win98 comp mode. If you have any problems please feel free to email me or leave me a private msg and I will get back to you when I can. First just make sure you got the ACT's for Windows 2K and Whistler installed, then play around with the different programs it gives you and see if it works ok, let me know how it works out for you. (havent had enough coffee today so my memory is a little messed at the moment :))

Does anybody know where I can get a No CD patch for NBA Live 2001

Thanks

ARC

Gamecopyworld doesnt have a no cd crack yet, just fixed .exes that let you use burned CD's and that other site doesnt even have files for NBA Live 2001

Thanks Guys,

I looked at the those sites already and was unable to find one. If you find it, please contact me.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I found how to make it no CD. Here is how:

Run regedit

Go to HKLM\Software\EA Sports\NBA Live 20001\

Change Installed from to .\ or leave it empty.

The game will run. Though there is still one problem. The Game gets stuck. Try it and let me know.

Thanks...

I have installed Win2K ACT and Whistler ACT 2.0. Still am having no

luck with NBA Live 2001. Which compatibility program are you running:

Runcompat? or Apcompat? for QFixApp? Are there any addtional settings?

I have lastest drivers for video/sound. I get the intro EA Logo then

the copyright screen and then it drops me back @ the desktop. Any ideas?

My system specs:

Win 2K with SP2

256MB PC133 SD Ram

Abit BE6 MB

Intel PIII 866@133

GeForce 2 MX-100

SB Live

`

Use the Spanish Fixed Exe from Gamecopyworld.

Thanks for the prompt reply Miku, got the Spanish version

of the exe. Still drops me to the desktop when I execute

nbawin.exe or when I use runcompat or apcompat. Did you run

the program directly to get it to work or did you use one of

the compat apps? Please let me know which one you used and what setting if any were needed (Win98 mode, Win95, etc). Thanks again...

Make a Shortcut on Desktop.

Right Click > Properties > Compatibility Tab > Windows 98 Layer

Ok Done.

ARC

still crashes to desktop. FYI I only have

a Win 95 OS Layer or NT4SP5 OS Layer....

Must be something with my machine......

Wow!

That's interesting...

I had no luck with that game until very recently after the Whistler Tooklit, But I guess that Toolkit is now integrated into Service Pack 2. I believe that you installed Service Pack 2 and still having problem. Well I try finding it out.

ARC

Hey miku, great post.

I can play One on One perfectly, but the weird thing is that the game falls to the desktop when loading everytime a want to play something else. Any ideas? is this happening to you??

I tried Minimun install and Full install, and same thing happens.

I have Win2k Pro, SP2, Whistler Act.

Thx in advance,

Cams. smile

Miku,

Thanks I got it working. The speed is good, but all my textures

are corrputed oe missing. Guess I'll just try some different

video drivers. Thanks again!!!!!

Well, you dont need to change drivers.

The problem is within in NBA. What I found is this:

Change your option!

Change Resolution, and change stuff around.

Then Play one game and then, it will be all good forever..

It does this only time, on the very first game.

ARC

Hey there

I had video problems only when using high or max texture quality. So I use that on medium, and everything else maxed out with my Voodoo5. smile

But I can't play exhibition gamez, nor Season, Playoff, etc.

I only can play One on One, I dont know why. frown

Any ideas miku??

Cams.

Well the only thing I think is missing files / Bad Registry or No CD Patches, I believe...

Look into the registry. Make sure you have a full install. Or post your registry here to further investigation.

ARC