Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawkman

Any way to stop computername in username?

I have 2 W2K systems. Is there any way to keep the computername from attaching itself to the username? EX: Terry automatically becomes Terry.Enterprise (if enterprise is the computer name). My first installation didn't do that...Terry was Terry. But my second installation is attaching the computername to the username. When I try to change the username, it doesn't show the extension, but it's there. This makes it impossible to copy my profile from one computer to the other due to the name change. Any advice would be great. I have a stand alone system, no network, 1.4g, 128 ram, 40g Hd, etc...

Thanks.

the only time ive seen it do that is if you reinstall 2k on top of a 2k install. To fix it other than regediting i don't know.

If you delete the profiles and the corresponding directories that begin with "terry" (username), then the next time terry logs on the new folder should be named "terry".

Thanks for the feedback. Guess I'll have to re-install and see what happens again. I have a burned copy and I bought an original, the funny part is that the burned copy is the one that works good. I've installed the store bought version twice with the same result. And unfortunately, I am moving up to a different computer, and have about 8 months worth of files in my 2 profiles I am trying to SAVE and it hasn't been a smooth transition due to the system changed username.