Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brian Frank

Sharing drives in 2462? And cant see any other pc's...

I cant quite seem to get XP to share a drive. Is there some way to do this. The sharing option does not show up in the menu when I right click a drive. And I havent found anyway under the networking to get it to enable sharing. Ive tried the home networking wizard, but to no avail.

And then for some reason, XP cant see any other pc's on the network, the two Ive tried so far and really want to network to are running Win2k SP1. We all use netBEUI, and I used that info someone posted to get nB on XP. The Win2k boxes will see XP but they cant access the drives. Im pretty sure its just a matter of getting sharing enabled under XP, but I cant say for sure.

Sharing is all I need.

Thanx.

You need to go to computer managment

right click on my comuter and click on manage, then go to shared folders and shares, there you can see all your shares

hope it helps

xDacs

put your 2462 cd in, go to add rem. components or whatever, you'll have to install the extra networking crap, its a pain in the a$$ but it needs to be done, or at least thats how it had to be done in 2446.

Hmm...sharing the drives didnt help. Oh well, at least Ive got something to play around with now.

the best place to set all your computer functions is the Computer Management Console from admin tools. This lets you see what processes/services/perfromance/shares pretty much everything. So 9 times out of 10 if it has to do with computer policy its in there.