Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Is InnoculateIT personal free edition the best anti-virus fo

Im looking for one that also does not really impact the performance of games also. Thx guys

Um, it works... but it's hardly the best.

I use Norton Antivirus Corporate 7.51.. server and client. Never have to touch it. Updates every night automatically, scans once a week automatically. Mcaffe stuff is nice too, but I stopped using it back when Win2k came out cuz it didn't support it. I think that has changed. Anyways...

As far as free antiviruses go though.. Innoculate aint bad at all.

Norton is the best antivirus right now. I've read lots of tests between soft***** antivirus stuff and norton always comes out on top

I'am sorry but norton antivirus it not the best i fact it is the BIGGEST memory hog there is.

Sorry Norton is the best. Been using it for years. Macffe sucks I was using Macffe when I was hit by 2 viruses whiped out my hard drive then I started using Norton never had a problem.

Cheers

Ya, I actually read an article a little while back that talked about how Mcafee missed some virus's on a test machine. I'm happy with Norton so far. It caught a virus for me last week. As far as memory hogging how do you figure? I just checked my tasks and the two norton related items are taking up 1.8 and 2.5 megs. How is that memory hogging?

i never use anything from norton, i think the company makes bad software. mcafee has always seemed nice, but it doesnt sound like its trustworthy and since datafellows alway have been a very stable company with good software id go w. f-secure, which is da b0mb :-)

Yes mcafee did miss the boat.

You should try GRISOFT AVG Anti-Virus.

i will try that AG Antivirus, ive used innoculate, NAV, and McAffee. So far ive liked NAV but lets see how AG is.

**edit**

it doesnt have resident protection in XP at this moment at least because it killed my computer and would keep rebooting until i unintalled it or wouldve take off resident protection.

I've used EVERY anti-virus software. And the one that really impresses me is SOPHOS. There is a real time scanner that is always running but it NEVER causes any type of performance hit.

For the network user you can install a central installation and have all clients automatically update themselves to the server.

I've only seen Norton crash machines in my career. And today I had to remove McAfee from a machine to get it to work again.

I'm totally for some type of Anti-Virus....and if you want the best..get SOPHOS...

(i just now realize how much that looks like an add for them)

Ancker Jade