Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mha

Apple Pro USB Keyboard in Win2k

I saw in the NT-compatible hardware-index, that the Apple Pro Keyboard should work in Windows 2000 without any tweaking at all, but elsewhere I've read that since the "Alt+Gr" button is missing you won't be able to do these characters: {[]}|~@£$ .

If this is true, is there a way to remap fx. the "Apple Logo" key to "Alt+Gr" ? I've found a way to alter and remap scancodes in the Windows 2000 registry, but will this work with a USB keyboard ?

confused

I have a new Apple Pro USB keyboard working fine in win2k, just hooked it up to the usb, and win2k did the rest, the Apple buttons work like the Windows key on regular keyboards, though I don't know anything about the key/re-mapping stuff at all, of course you have to enable legacy usb keyboard support in your BIOS if you want to use it at any point outside of win2k, like hitting the F8 key before to get into safe mode, but i do know those characters you listed are on the keyboard and I do think that they work fine, but i can't test since it is not in front of me here at work

I would really appreciate if you would (when you get the oppertunity)test those symbols I mentioned. I wouldn't want a keyboard without a "@" laugh

Thanks in advance

Ok, i was able to test out the keyboard, and all the keys you mentioned could be produced, except the english pound symbol, which is not on the keyboard, but the @ symbol can be made by the regular shift+2 key, the only problem i have found is that there is no printscreen key, and the f13 key which is in the same place you might find the printscreen key, does not have the same effect, but the mute button on the keyboard does in fact mute the master volume of the sound properties, so that is cool, plus the usb ports on the sides work as well in win2k

Now THAT is nice cool. I'll go order one right now... thnx again smile