Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Metalheart

WIN2K + games at startup

Hi ,

I heard somebody tell me , you're possible to play all the possible games you played on win98 even on win2k .

The only thing you have to do is at startup , type in something and run it ....

I don't know if it's true , but I would greatly believe it ....

I would like to play Dungeon Keeper 2 again without the crashing all the time ...;)confusedconfused

i think what your friend meant was application compatibility utility. Its a small program located on your win 2k cd thats "tricks" your games into thinking it is running on say..win98SE...

For Dungeon Keeper 2, I think you just need the latest patch for it, though I could be wrong.

Yup, confirmation on Dungeon Keeper II.

First install Dungeon Keeper II from your CD, choose NOT to install DirectX 6.1 and under no circumstances attempt to run the game - it will crash and drag the OS down with it.

Now download the latest and final patch, 1.6 if I remember correctly.

Install this patch and now run Dungeon Keeper II, it will run like a charm and with no issues what so ever!

Enjoy Win2k - it's the future!

Oh, I forgot to say:

You do NOT need to run the compatibility tool with Dungeon Keeper II.

As long as you are running the latest patch it will run normally.

It's actually listed as an official fix in the readme for that patch - now works under Win2k.

ALWAYS, ALWAYS install the latest update for a game before using Application Compatibility or posting to a BB.

Yep, they added win2k compatibility to the game later on, which I am very pleased of.

If only others would do the same hmmmm would be nice to play UFO enemy unkown again sigh