Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
now

P3V4X + Geforce2 GTS Frustration

I have been working on this for the past 2 days, and I am finally giving in and asking for help...

As you can probobly see from the title of this thread...I am having "issues" with my Geforce 2 GTS board on my Asus P3V4X Moboard. I have read every thread inside and out, the Geforce FAQ up and down, and have tried all solutions and nothing works so far...so let me tell you the problem

I install the card and it works fine (with all driver versions)...for about 2 minutes. And then it locks up (hard locks) my system every time. It wont do this tho if i uninstall the drivers and run in crappy 16 color mode with the standard VGA drivers from win2k.

I have installed the new VIA 4 in 1's...screwed with all bios settings, tried EVERY driver, made sure everythings plugged in nice and snuggly...you name it..I most likley tried it.

Here is my sys specs::

Win 2k SP1

PIII 500 mhz

512 K ram

Asus P3V4X board with newest bios

NVidia Geforce 2 GTS

SBLive! Platinum 5.1

ANY help no matter how small would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!

--now inc

I assume you have, but have you tried the following:

- disabling Fast-Writes

- disabling 4x AGP

- upping the voltaage slightly on your both your CPU core and i/o (if you can)

- Adjusting the FSB either up or down in speed from the CPU default.

- Tried your GeForce card in another PC which you know to be stable.

I know some of these things may be trivial to you but one or all of them have many people sort out problems like this at one stage or another.

For example, If I run my MSI694D VIA motherboard (dual PIII 733's) at default FSB of 133MHz with 4x AGP, anything 3D instantly locks the PC. If I overclock it to 143MHz FSB then 4x AGP works perfectly (100% stable in everything) - plus I get a small speed boost from 733 to 787MHz!

Good luck!