Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pikapan

Win2k Network Neighborhood

I've noticed a problem that I've been having w/ win2k networking. I'm currently on a LAN at school and have trouble browsing the network. For some reason, everything works fine for the first 3 minutes after I reboot. I can transfer files and view other computers over the network. However, once 3 minutes has passed, I can't access network neighborhood or my network properties. When I try to browse the network after the initial 3 minutes, I get a "Workgroup is not accessible; Handle is invalid" error. When I try to access my network card properties to view my protocols and stuff, I can get to the first menu where it shows general status and number of packets being received and sent. But when I click on properties to view the protocols and stuff, I get an "Unexpected error has occured" error message. I'm running Client for Microsoft Networks, Printer/File Sharing, TCP/IP, and IPX/SPX compatible protocols. I've tried re-installing them, but I still get the same error after the first 3 minutes.

Oh, never mind. I tried using the Net Config Server command and jacked up the autodisconnect values and now everything's working fine.

Just one comment about using the Net Config command to change the autodisconnect timing -- this causes auto-tuning to be disabled. May or may not be important to you, but just wanted to be sure you knew it.

Regards,

Jim