Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Phasis

WIN2k reallly Slowwwww with p3v4x... HELP!!!!

I have recently put Win XP on my system and I have only come to realise how slow win2k is in gaming. In 3dmark 2001, I got 730marks 1024, 16bit. In Win XP, this score went to 2400marks.

Likewise, in Counterstrike, win2k's framerate will only hit 60fps (refresh rate) when I look into a corner, and can drop to below 20fps, In XP, most of the time it's at 60 and only drops to about 30-40 in heavy fighting and smoke.

I have the following system.

Win2k, 4.29 via drivers

Win XP b2462, packages drivers,

C2 566@850 1.7v Arcticooler

Asus P3V4X 1004 bios

256mb PC133

Leadtek GF2MX 215/205 7.52 driver

IBM DESKSTAR 75GXP 45GB

Quantum 10.2GB CX

36x CdRom

2x 3com 3c905b

Alcatel ADSL Modem-Bigpond

Is there a way to install the mobo drivers from the XP partition/cd into win2k seeing as XP is built on Win2k?

confused

lets not post something to EVERY forum....if it applies to games...post it in games....NOT all of them

Ancker

Well seeing as it had to do with openGL/directx games and apps and the hardware I am using I thought it suited to post to both topics to get the broadest knowledge base possible WITHOUT spamming.

So far it seems in this forum I have only got 1 half-witted response from someone with no idea.

Get the Nvidia 12.00 drivers, as they're supposed to run great under XP. The 11.00's and up improved 3dmark2001's scores from what Ive heard.

Also, do you have Vsync enabled? That's likely the cause of your problems! Also, get the Nvidia refresh rate fix app.

And yes, please dont do multiple posts of the same thing. Keep it in one...that seems to keep every one happy. It also keeps the confusion out too.

And before you start, the flaming posts DIE NOW!!!!

flame

flame flame....flameflame,flame

sorry could'nt resist lol

FYI..

I did NOT post that reply as a flame or as a complaint. Just merely a request.

Many users like myself read All the forums, NOT just one. And it gets annoying to see the same question repeated in each one.

Obvioulsy I cannot do anything about this, therefore I simply made a request.

Thanks

Ancker Jade

Dont worry, I dont like multi-posts either, but things looked like they could get ugly, and that's not a good way to get popular around here.

And Phasis, take a stab at which category you will post stuff in next time and try not to multi-post. It is confusing to keep track of which post of the same one you replied to.