Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lindows_OS

Install help with Nvidea TNT2 32 mb Grapics card Not working

;( ok i just got done dowsloading Lindows 4.5122 and i burned the ISO to a CD using Roxio easy ed creater but when i tell the pc to boot from the disk it come up Lindow install and i click that and it loads whatever and then the screen goes blank then after 50 secs the cd pops outta the Drive ;(

Can anyone help me frownfrown

Sounds like you have a bad burn, or download.

Did you download the iso from the Lindows site?

Just to make sure, you did burn the iso image, not the iso file itself to the CD?

You need to burn the image at 4X or 8X on reliable media. Burning at too fast a burn speed often results in a bad burn.

A remote possibility is some incompatible hardware, but I have the same video card, which is not a problem for me.

Perhaps you could give us some information about your system, as Lindows has minimal install requirements, such as 128 mb ram.

frownfrownfrownfrown IT ISNT WORKING STILL frownfrownfrown

And i did download the ISO from Lindows what should i do i paid 49$ for this and it wont install frownfrownfrownfrownfrownfrownfrownfrown

OK, did you burn the image at 4X or 8X? Use a CD-R, if you already did not. Make sure that it is a quality CD-R.

If so, and it still doesn´t work, check the downloaded image. The Lindows disk should have a file on it that states somethng like ¨double click here to verify disk.¨ Try this.

This will tell you if the download was bad, or if the image is bad.

If it comes back bad, try downloading the iso file again and repeat the process.

Quote:
frownfrownfrownfrown IT ISNT WORKING STILL frownfrownfrown
And i did download the ISO from Lindows what should i do i paid 49$ for this and it wont install frownfrownfrownfrownfrownfrownfrownfrown

Don't worry! I'm sure the download is ok, the problem lies in the burn. danleff can tell you how to get a burned cd that will work.

See if this helps at all;

http://help.lindows.com/cgi-bin/lindows....ated=1024338565

Some points to consider. Make sure you decide ahead of time, what type of install to do, a takeover install or takeover partition. You will need to have a vfat or linux partition on your system to do a partition takeover install.

Also, make sure that you choose in Roxio to ¨record cd from cd image¨ when you burn the iso image.

As I mentioned above, use the utility on the burned cd to make sure the burn is OK.

I ahve seen this happen before. If the chechsum is bad and you are sure that you followed the directions;

Quote:
Please enter the number that checksum generated in the field below to verify that your download was succesful. Be careful to enter the numbers and letters exactly as they appear on the screen, any slight deviation from what is on the screen will result in an incorrect check.

Make sure that you input the correct mdsum for the correct version that you have.

Than indeed the download may be bad. Try downloading the iso image again and burning.

Do you have broadband?

Once the checksum is OK, burn the CD, but make sure that you use one of the the slower speeds that I mentioned above.

Believe me, this will reduce the possibility of a bad burn.

Then check the burned iso by clicking on the file ¨double click to verify media¨ that I mentoned above.

The alternative is to buy a premade Lindows disk. I believe that they will send you one for about $7.50.