Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BanditXL

Odd problem with videocard

I've got an "old" Pentium II 350 with a savage4 card in it.

When I start the computer the videocard doesn't turn on the monitor.

The problem get's solved by oppening the case and wiggeling the card and then starting the computer.

But it's very irritating to open the casing each time I want to start the computer. Is there anyone who has had this problem or knows how to solve it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Here are the system specs:

Pentium II 350 Mhz, A-trend 6240C mobo, 64 MB RAM,creative 3d blaster savage4, soundblaster 128 PCI,UNEX 100 Mbit networkcard (I don't know the type, I'm typing this from school), Iomega zip-drive, western digital caviar 6,4 GB HDD.

Since you are wiggling your video card I am suspicious that the screw required to hold the video card bracket to the case is loose.

The screw is tightend and is not the problem. It's always possible to wiggle the videocard a little even if the screw is tightend. Thanks anyway.

Did you move the case around when that happens? I had a case with my Intel BX board that would usually dislodge the AGP card slightly, due to the fact that the board and the case didnt quite square up.

If this is the main issue, you could try a different case. Thats the only thing I could think of.