Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DavidJonesIGI

TCP in 2K Adv Server vs. 2K Pro

I imagine Microsoft made more of an effort with the TCP networking code in Advanced Server than they did with Professional, and it shows as my throughput is always much faster in Advanced Server, but it begs the question, if they have this high speed ability in Advanced Server, why hamper Pro? It's like someone must've said "Shall we make 2K Pro faster and better? Nah."

I have had the same performance across Pro, Server, and Adv Server using Intel Pro/100 Mgmt adapters and a couple of 3COM NICs. I have not had the problems that you are referring to. What NICs are you using?

I was referring specifically to Dial Up Access to the internet, although it does use the same TCP stack as a LAN/WAN connection. I don't think it's a random chance thing either, since the connection in Advanced Server is always at least 25% faster than Pro. Any ideas, if you need more info, let me know.

Hmmmm, you could try switching the TCPIP....or mabye it's as simple as some registry entries. I'd like to look into it but I'm not on dial-up. As soon as I get my test network up I'd like to take a look... For now try getting a proggie that'll tell you what your MTU,RWIN, etc. etc. are and comparing them to your PRO. If same then try switching the TCPIP.+