Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
matttah

[url]SMB://ip[/url] address?

Ok, So i am getting close to getting these files i stored(8 gigs) on my laptop(win xp on a network with my comp) , the closest i've got is through naut using smb:// then the ip. It keeps asking my for passwords, the laptop has the files set to share though. Help? The closest i've got using this way is i finally got into the files on the laptop, but then when i went to copy the first file it prompted a password, then it said i didn't not have permission to access them. Then after I failed witht hat password, I check the laptop on my diff comp(running win98 which i use to make sure the laptop is on the network) and i could not access the laptop, this happened last night. Whats going on? Help pls=)

Daum

If XP asks you your name and password, that means that you are not connected with the same name.

So, give as name the name of the guy connected on the pc (probably your own name, or "bigmaster" whatever name you gave while installing XP. The password will be the XP user password (nothing if you created a user without password).