Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ParaDoX

Theme

I'm running WinXP build 2462. I've tried to open up luna.msstyles with ResourceHacker to edit the bmp's, just want to change the blue colors, it's a little too bright. After replacing some bmp's, and saved the file as luna.msstyles, it will just get replaced by the original luna.msstyles after some seconds. Anyone who knows a workaround for this? I've set SFCDisabled to 1 in the registry, which should disable the file protection?

I've seen a couple of skins made for build 2419, but they won't work on 2462.

You need the winxp skinning tool by stardock. I have been using it for about a week now and it is sweet. You can use all the window blinds skins of which there are about 1200 available for free download. Then once you have that you need builder blinds if you want to be able to make your own skins. I am still looking for builder blinds. I am considering buying object desktop from stardock cause then i would have all those proggies and a year of updates.

I found WindowblindsXP Alpha2... but it felt almost as slow as Win2k with Windowblinds imo =\

Is there any way to jus create the theme for XP without all the WindowBlinds mumbo-jumbo? It has its own program built in for making the themes work, and its much more encompassing than WindowBlinds. There's gotta be a way to make themes for XP....