Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dapper Dan

Linux television commercial!

yea i just saw that, it didnt make since the first time i saw it but then the second time it made more since, i mean the little orphan child? then i saw it again and it all came together... i didnt know ibm was using linux... then again dell is :x

IBM is one of the biggest proponents of Linux there is. Since the commercial came out, I've had people I know say things like, "I saw this commercial the other night, and they were talking about that Linux computer stuff I've heard you talk about!" laugh

wow, i didnt know that hmm, did you mean it was the biggest companies isnce that commercial came out? or has is been?

Quote:
"I saw this commercial the other night, and they were talking about that Linux computer stuff I've heard you talk about!"

Lol, i've had people look at me weird when i even say the word linux so i'm kinda in the same boat as you... kinda

Jabird

I don't know it as a fact, but I think this is the first time Linux was ever advertised on television.

thats neat, i bet we have alot more people trying linux out (if they know what it is, i didnt know what it was till last year...) it'd be neat if almost everyone moved to linux and micro$t went out of business... i doubt that being as he's such a dirty little fart he'll find away to screw linux over... there goes my micro$t rant for the day...

I've just gotta tell y'all this...

Last week, my three year old daughter was sitting in my lap watching while I was showing my wife the new IBM Linux TV commercials with the blonde haired boy from IBM's website. After looking at three of them, I casually said "That's kewl!"

Last Sunday night, I was working at the radio station while my wife and daughter were at home. They had the televison on tuned to the Super Bowl. One of the Linux commercials came on, and my daughter exitedly pointed to the televison and said, "Look mommy, it's Kewl!!", thinking that was the little boy's name. smile

First time I saw the ad was on the net.. ) But lately I have seen the lonely one more often. I think there are 3 or 4 different ones I have seen so far.

I like the idea very much. Better then stupid windows flying around or people with them.. ) (gravity and glass shards.. body.. not good .. ) )