Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Galilee

1 minute to load settings

When my computer boots up, at the login screen (Loading personal settings) it use 1 minute to do that. Applying takes like 1sec smile but the Loading thing takes forever.

It didnt do that when the OS was freshly installed, and it didnt do that the first time I tried out XP

Any ideas? maybe something to do with sblive?

I've got $$ on the fact that it's the SB Live! Actually, not so much the card, but the bloated mess they like to call LivewWare.

I think it is the liveware creap.

i think its that devldr32.dll or something.

When windows start call task manager and see if you find something like devldr32.dll is not responding. Better than that, if you installed LiveCrap Just remove it.

------------------

Asus CUSL2 Mobo 1006A, PIII 800EB, Elsa Geforce 2 Mx, 32MB, SB LIVE! VALUE, 256Mb PC133 CAS3, Quantum Fireball lct20 20,IntelPro/100+,Asus 8xDVD-ROM, HP CD-WRITER+ 9300

Apacabar BeOS5 Pro

Win2k SP1, DX8, MP7

I can tell you it is the live!ware because when i had my Live in loading would take forever. Now that I have a Santa Cruz i have cut my boottimes in 1/2. So either uninstall **** !ware or get a new Soundcard =)

Update:

I formatted and installed everyting again. Now I timed the Loading personal settings screen after each install.

First boot it was something like 2secs. The more I installed and the more I changed in the OS, the longer the Loading took. Now its up in 25sec (With LiveWare installed). I guess I was just unlucky with my last install. LiweWare didnt increase the Loading personal setting time that much (maybe 2secs more) this time.

But when I think back I have had the same problem once in Win2k. Apparently LiveWare can sometime totally **** up your boot time, other times it workes fine.