Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UnreaLord

Does WinXP worth ?

I'd like to ask if WinXP does really worth.A friend of mine told me that although it's on beta version yet,it's more stable than Win2k!Really?When someone is on Win2k,does the upgrade worth ?

depends what you want to do? if you installed win2k cause you liked the stability, but missed some of the multimedia, compatibility, features, etc. and were disappointed not to see it being as high in win2k as it was in win9x, then upgrade it to XP.

As for it being more stable. well, the reason why i'm so pro-XP, is because it seriously does stomp a mud hole in win2k in every performance test here. XP happens to be the best OS i've ran in years on this machine, it may vary on yours, who knows.

That's all I got to say about that.

lol

win2k = done

winxp = beta 2 and already better than win2k

think about it :P

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 25 March 2001).]

yea man, i gotta agree with JD on this one, and i'm sure others will also, XP (and i'm running 2446!) is already better than win2k, i don't care what ver. of 2k you are running (2195.1 , 2195.1;SP1 , 2195.1;SP2) it doesn't matter.

Hey guy's, i'm stuck with an older version of XP (2416). Would you say this version of XP is as better then Win2k as you say 2446 and up is??

well, the only builds of Whistler i have used are: 2223, 2257, 2428, and 2446. 2223 was worthless and should never have been released, 2257 was ok but i was forced to format the drive it was on because it was so slow, 2428 was the sh1t and so is 2446. i dunno about 2416, i have never used it.