Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vampyr

Interesting Install Tid Bit

I was reading those stupid billboard messages during the WinXP install (yes I have nothing better to do) and I noticed this little piece of text "See How Innovation Works For You" Can we say corporate propaganda anyone? wink

well, not really, it's just an obvious fact about it, it's true, the innovation exists and it does work, so it's not really propaganda, it's a fact.

you want to know propaganda, here is one

"Try the new AOL version 6.0! The easiest just got easier!"

Quote from some lamer using it:

"AOL is the best!"

now that's propaganda and it's NOT facts, haha

i hate those damned aol ad's, whatabout the one dealing with aol 6.0, the old guy's like:

"It's Fast!"

AOL Sucks

Dial Up sucks

many things suck

sometimes they suck in a good way

some sucky things are also good but all in all there is a vast distrobution of suckiness about

i guess when they've never eXPerienced anything faster than dial-up or sat around waiting for w4r3z to download, then it would be considered fast.

well, the same people using AOL are the same ones that you could convince that

deltree /Y C:\*.* in a DOS prompt would delete any illegal stuff. and that would do it too

ahh..the 'ol deltree /y. Great way to screw up your system, but I would still argue "rm -rf /" on a UNIX box would still hose your system more. Then again, there are more ways to destroy a UNIX system than list directories, so it's not like that's a good thing =]

same ppl who can't tie their own shoes but are well capable of doublie-clicking any .vbs file they receive thorough email and then wonder why their computer is suddenly sick.

Common rule: most people who screw stuff up on their computer are too stupid to know jack about keeping it safe.

Kinda like people who see the nuke launcher button and go "I wonder what would happen if I pushed this?"

Go to http://www.dumbentia.com and look for the StupidaMouse. It's for stupid users.

BTW, we dropped AOL cuz they tried to double bill us. AOL and Rambus are 2 companies I will boycott.

[This message has been edited by Brian Frank (edited 19 March 2001).]

Hey, Brian, that's how I learned all I know about computers; "Gee, if I push 'N' I'll never find out what happens at the FORMAT command."

But I agree with you. If they were made to clean up their own messes (like I had to do), then it actually make for some informed users...but that'll never happen. wink

DC

------------------

"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat. You talk to it but you're never really sure it hears you, much less comprehends what you say." -DeadCats, 1999

"Talking to DeadCats is like talking to a dead cat." -MrsDeadCats, 2001

Originally posted by Vampyr:

Quote:
question...how can a person call dial-up fast???

well you have to remember they have a speedy 768 dsl package now...and if I ran aol on my 8MB connection it would be fast...but if I needed to run aohell I wouldn't know enough to get me a 8mb connection...haha