Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Driven

Not A Nivdia Prob

I've tried installing build 2428 and I get stuck at the same spot too. I use a TNT2U card and it still halts. So I borrowd my brother's Voodoo4 and the same thing. Next I pulled out my old ATi All-in-Wonder, and it still hangs at that same spot. I don't think it's a vid card problem at all....although I have no clue as to what is causing the problem. Very frustrating....oh yea, I had the same prob with build 2416 & 2419.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention where I get stuck...it's at the same spot as some of the other people, 'Starting Windows Whistler.'

For what it's worth- I couldn't get 2416 to install on a Gigabyte GA-6BXD dual cpu server series motherboard until I flashed in the newest, beta bios. It would hang during the setup everytime regardless the video card. Anyone try up[censored] their bios?

The Questionnaire

2419 would hang on install for me, but it worked ok if i upgraded win2k.... try installing a frsh copy of win2k, then upgrade it

Try to reset cmos. Good luck.

------------------

Asus CUSL2 Mobo 1003, PIII 800EB, Elsa Geforce 2 Mx, 32MB, SB LIVE! VALUE, 256Mb PC133 CAS3, Quantum Fireball lct20 20,IntelPro/100+,Asus 8xDVD-ROM, HP CD-WRITER+ 9300

BeOS5 Pro

Win2k Pro sp#1 DX8

Whistler 2296

Ok, I've just finished trying a bunch of combos to get 2428 to not hang during an install. I reset cmos, reflashed cmos, installed a fresh copy of Win2k then tried an upgrade, and it still hangs. Always at the part where it's going to start up the graphical part of the insall. I've checked other message boards and at least I know others are having the same problem. I even tried an install and upgrade on a Fat32 and NTFS partition. So here r my system specs:

P3 866MHZ EB

Supermicro PIIIDME Mthbrd.

1 GIG Ram (Don't Ask)

TNT2U

SBLive

Adaptec 2940UW Scsi Controller

1 5Gig Scsi Drive (for my OS)

1 30Gig UDMA 66 Drive (for Apps)

Hitachi 6x DVD

Sony CDRW 100E

Thankx.

yeah i had a similar problem with my card then i changed my gf 2 out to my TNT and it was fine. But still i thought it was an nvdia prob but i dont know what it is now.

Specs:

ASUS-P2B 1.0.1.2 BIOS

PII 400

256m PC133 Kingston ValueRAM

Leadtek WinFast GF 2 MX

H+ DVD Decoder card

SB Live! Value

Generic NIC

Ive seen other board from Gigabyte have problems with video cards-namely the GA-5AX, but who knows sometimes you can get a bad combo of hardware. The hardware is perfectly functional,but working together they dont like each other. Ive really only heard of video card problems with Gigbyte boards on different OSs too (98,2k, and now, Whistler).

You could try resetting your BIOS too.

Does the board have an ALi chipset?