Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Commando677

"Service Database Locked" error

I have windows XP 2428 and when I try installing drivers for my Geforce 2 GTS i get a "Service Databse Locked" error. Does anyone know how to gey by this?

I had this happen to me too. What I figured out was going wrong was the first time I booted I went into safemode and ran through the reg hack to disable Windows Activation. When doing this it for some reason pooches the services database and only a handful of services are started. What you should have done is booted normally the first time into Windows and go through the MS Agent welcome crap. Then try to login. Then you will get an error message saying something about reinstalling windows. At that point reboot and go into Safe Mode and run the reg hack. I have reproduced this serveral times and it has something to do with the Windows Activation being started in that wizard, it might be creating the HWID (im not sure though). The down side to this is the only way I have been able to fix it is a clean install. An inplace upgrade will not work, I have tried that too.