Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Driven

Windows Whistler 2416 Question

I was trying to install WinWhistle 2416 and ran into a problem. I managed to get setup to copy the temp files to my hard drive, but on the reboot, setup continued to load and then stalled. The message displayed when it stalled was 'Setup is Starting Windows Whistler.' I left it for 2 hrs and it was still was stalled. Tried setup several times and it stalled @ the same place. Any ideas would be great. This is a fresh install from DOS onto a SCSI drive. My system specs r:

P3866

Supermicro P3DME MB

512 MB PC 100 Ram

TNT2U

SB Live

Adaptec 2940UW Scsi Controller

4gig Scsi drive

30 gig ATA 60 drive

Dual CDRs

Thankx!!!

excellent question, has been addressed. You should tell me what type of modem and/or network card you have, and whether it's ISA or PCI, or USB, or whatever.

I'll get back to you when you have that info

Ok...no modem on my system, but my nic card is built on my MB. It is PCI, in my device manager it is listed as: 'intel 8255x-based PCI Ethernet Adapter (10/100).' I could disable it in the bios and try an install.

Hope this helps,

Thankx.

Oh yea, there is no option to disable my nic card in my bios, my mistake. I did try an install with my ethernet cable disconnected, but still no luck.

Hope this helps.

remove your NIC completely from your computer, and then try again, once it's installed, you can put the network card back into the computer and it'll detect and everything will continue.

If not, the only other solution is to wait for a newer build.

Thankxs for the help, there is a jumper on my board that disables the NIC, but that made no difference either. Guess I'm SoL, I'll wait for the next build. Hopefully the rumour of it having a revamped interface is true, as long as it's not a pain in the a$$.