Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ryanrk

SBlive Liveware 3.0 and Whistler

CAn you install Windows 2000 drives in whistler? I tried and i get all these dev*32.exe errors. I deleted it and now i don't get it.. but also i don't get the 4 speaker surround and eax.. Was just wondering if this a whistler problem or just a problem with my system?

I installed LW3 and had the same probs.

I managed to uninstall it.

So basically, don't worry, its the same with other systems too.

And I find it hard to believe that Viper managed to install LW3.

I had the errors too. The way to fix it is to go into safe mode and remove all of Liveware. Once it's clean you can start over. The way to do it that I've used several times successfully is to run the liveware setup without selecting any of the components. That way only the drivers will install. After you reboot you can run the setup again and put on all the pieces you want. cool

Runs fine for me as well. During Liveware install I did get an error saying a certain file couldn't be found and did I want to continue installing without it. I clicked yes and haven't had a single problem yet.

The only problem i have seen so for with my LW3 is that surround mixer wont start sometimes so i have to reboot. :P

This is part of the reason I went back to Win2k. I got my FPS2000 speakers for christmas, but I couldn't get the surround or EAX working properly. The other reason was I couldn't install the MS Strategic Commander softare properly, so I dumped it for a while. Hard to do, but had no choice really. It'll be back though!

------------------

brainsoft, Xi Base & JJR512.com Co-Administrator.

XiBase/JJR512 Activelist: 83320323

"I don't know how I got here, I was only looking for the washroom."