Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

jerky mouse movements in 2276

anyone have the problem with mouse movements being jerky in 2276, i tried playing CS and i move my mouse like a wee bit and it jerks 1/2 way across the screen.

I have never experienced that problem, try putting on Windows 2000 Video card drivers onto it

nah its not my vid card drivers. Im using the 6.34 refs and they worked fine in 2257. There seems to be some mouse lagginess in 2276pro or poor USB drivers im not sure since i dont have my PS/2 adapter for my mouse (M$ Intellimouse explorer) also my mouse works fine in 2257. I think its the DX 8 version they have on 2276. I put on DX 8 RC0 and it was a little better but the mouse is still jerky when i move it over certain icons (like in the mouse/printers part of control panel) and of course the CS problem. So probably some dumb DirectInput problem on it bleh! Who knows i still have 2257 personal on my other drive so when i need to play CS i can just go to that install. Besides beta hopefully will be out soon.

give it time I guess wink

make sure that the color is set to 16-bit and not higher. Because I noticed a bit of problems in games with 32-bit color

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 18 October 2000).]

cool i will try the 16bit color thing i had HL running in 32 bit and my desktop is set to 32 but i will try changing down the 16 and see

It is not the os, it is the mouse. The laser is not 100 accurate so sometimes (happense to me in 98, me, 2000, whistler) it just flys accrost the screen or wiggles because it is reflecting off the shiny surface of a hard mouse pad. It also may be the pattern on the mouse. It is just a small bug.

The laggyness... that happened to me in sof in 2000 and CS in winme when running in dx mode with smoke flying around. I bet it is just your DX.

Yes intellipoint didnt do crap didnt fix it. So im banking on the Dx in Whistler 2276 because its fine in 2257 which doesnt use the same directX build.

you never said if you used the 16-bit color and tried it then.....

did you?

if not, then yeah...it's probably just the DX..

Quote:
Arin said:

It is not the os, it is the mouse. The laser is not 100 accurate so sometimes (happense to me in 98, me, 2000, whistler) it just flys accrost the screen or wiggles because it is reflecting off the shiny surface of a hard mouse pad. It also may be the pattern on the mouse. It is just a small bug.

oh yeah that's why he said it worked FINE in whistler 2257... ;(

------------------
Moo

In case of an emergency, break glass, scream, bleed to death.

CUSL2-650e@905-256pc150cas2-wd20&13gbata66-10x4x32sony-8xcldvd-clap2gts64mb-supadisk-sblive!

it's just a bug that came up, probably DX8 or the new GUI....don't expect that to be a problem in beta 1....those things are usually fixed right away....but on the other hand, let's hope you ain't runnin that on a 233 wink

Well, He may not have been using the other os long enough.

It happens to me but not everyday, It is just a once in a while thing and he may not have noticed it before.

it happens in games pretty much all the time in the OS once in a while, not a big deal though. I wish we could send f-in bug reports to M$ without having a beta ID, there are a few problems with window sizing in 2276 also.

YEs poor USB support indeed, I cannot use my external USB HD and I cannot use any audio codecs other than the standard WAV microsoft codec i.e if I install Faurhauner MP3 oncoder codec I cannot use it in audiograbber or soundforge.

It also dont wanto install my USB ethernet card.

Very fishy, so Im waiting for a never build then, this build I cannot use frown

my USB printer would work fine if I had whistler installed <cough cough>

after trying some things, DX8 RC1 does not fix the problem, I think it's a core problem with the friggin api in general confused does this to all 3d games, not a USB problem because I (would have) put my mouse on the PS/2 port (I have the same mouse as ThC).. bah wait till the beta like ThC says ;(

------------------

Moo

In case of an emergency, break glass, scream, bleed to death.

CUSL2-650e@905-256pc150cas2-wd20&13gbata66-10x4x32sony-8xcldvd-clap2gts64mb-supadisk-sblive!

yeah thats another thing i noticed was none of the codecs worked at all besides wav. Someone sure picked a ****.ty build to get leaked. =P

well ive tried 2276,87 and 96 and all of them have the same stupid problem with my mouse. I might break out my old trackball and see if it has it with that or not. I don't understand why 2257 and 2250 are the only verisons that don't have this problem

Ok, here we are with Beta 1. Now _my_ mouse got laggy, and the fading of menus is laggy also. This happens both with a G400 and a geforce 2, in 16 and 32 bit. A little better in 16 bit.

if it's the GUI, then how come it doesn't jerk my mouse around? and my mouse sucks to start with...

its not the GUI its a USB mouse driver problem. I know this because in beta 1 when i use my mouse on PS/2 its fine switch it to USB it jerks like a mother ****er.

So your telling me on your magical Whistler beta 1's that the GUI is not more laggy than Windows 2000's. Wow, you people are very inobservant. Just drag your mouse down to the start button or do a Ctrl+Esc. Time it. Very laggy compared to 2000. Three letters. G-U-I. SLLLOOOOWWW