Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yearout

How do you install for Personal or Pro, Ser.

Ok maybe stupid but do you have to install it over WinMe to get use the personal or over Win2k to get the Pro..

OK, Uhhhh not stupid just a newbie?

No. You would have to get the proper install cd or files downloaded.

You do not need to have either os installed to install Personal or the Professional editions of Whistler.

There are some rules concerning the upgrade paths that are possible and I am not too sure about those. Check the MS site.

ahhhh, can't remember the post that was here, but that person that posted saying it's going to be hell watching all of the newbies come in here asking questions about NT when Whistler is done and out...hell, your right, it's starting already, lol

Well just wait until they install it and find stuff not working the way it should/used to/not at all. Well as long as they arent calling my help desk its cool with me. lol

Sorry I found out on MS news groups. I forgot some (here) only have access to warez versions. I guess a lack of knowledge goes along way. What is really funny is the people that answer back and really know nothing at all lol..

me not know nothing? I certainly know something then wink

Definite chance that I know something about Whistler, without a shadow of a doubt and I know that others here do too....

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 29 November 2000).]

Not to become part of a flame, but I think anyone who has legal access to Whistler would also have access to definite information on the OS.

-bZj

Hey jdulmage.. that was me who posted that.

I have no problem helping people out at all... but too often people will jump to this forum and ask a very simple question before they do any reading about it. The only time I post topics is when I truly cannot find the answer and need somebody's help. Questions like those, i feel, are completely legitimate. What I hate is when somebody sees the Administrative Tools, for example, wonders what the heck it is, then just jumps in here and asks "What can I do with the Administrative Tools that I can't do with the Control Panel?"

It's questions like those that get a little irritating... simply because the answer can easily be found in something as simple as the help files.

[This message has been edited by Sandoval (edited 08 December 2000).]