Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hollywood63

Help installing a driver

I think I ran into a major snafu with this one. No matter what I do it tells me that gtk is installed but in terminal it say's its not???

I ran into this exact same thing with trying to compile Icepref in RH9. There's a lot out there on the net on this having gtk installed but it can't find it problem..wait, I might be able to find one of my old posts...

Yes!

Here's one, and here's another..

I know this won't help with the problem, but thought you might be interested anyway. Please let me know if you find a solution. Sorry I couldn't help more... frown

Dan don't be sorry you helped me more in the last few weeks then anyone has over the last year it was a extreme pleasure to have someone take the time and help out rather then reply back RTFM. If I figure this out I will let you know what I did

Thanks Again

Art smile

Wow. This is wild. The dude wanted to install a printer driver and everyone has him apt-getting gcc. wink

BLAG comes with the printer drivers for that printer, so even the "tar" step isn't needed.

Go to:

Menu->System Tools->Print Manager

And add it from there. You'll be able to pick Lexmark and your printer under there.