Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sparkhard

Whistler & Win 2000 Dual booting

Hi I just got my Whistler copy ... well first of all it is Build 2223 , ( i was a little concerend about this but anyway) i would like to Dual boot with my Win2k.. And what should i do so that i can take whistler off.. and if anyone knows how to upgrade my 2223 build let me know wink .... thanks for all the help,

First thing..

NEVER DUAL BOOT WITH 1 PARTITION!!

It's a mess and conflicts a ton of things, make a second partition or install to a different drive as Clean Install.

That's all I can say.

------------------

-------------------------

Because I can.....

-------------------------

I am currently running a dual boot of Whistler/Win2K. When I installed Whister, I just installed it over my Win98 as a upgrade on my laptop and it works perfectly. I still have my bootloader that works, it even has the 2 options of Whistler Personal Edition/Windows2000 Professional. I had no problems with doing an upgrade from 98 either. This OS is GREAT!!! I absolutely love it. I would love to find a newer build if anyone has a link, I would greatly appreciate a email.

------------------

MSI K7T Pro,1000 Mhz TBird,Adapt29160

2- Cheatah 18XL,256mb MicronPC133,Asus V6600Deluxe, Plex 12/4/32,Plex 40X UltraPlexWide,Pioneer16X DVD,Zip250,Holly+,SB Live Plat,Win TV-D,FullTower w/9 fans & 2HD coolers.