Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
whoisurdaddy

Windows ME or 98SE

I was wondering what is people's opinion on Windows ME? You guys like ME better than 98SE? I am occasional gamer and I also watch DVD movies with my system too. Also, Windows 2000 is not a choice here. =) I installed Win2k on my other computer. Win2k still doesn't support all the games out there yet. Like Need For Speed 5 for example, it doesn't work when playing Multiplayer.

Neither! WindowsXP all the waaaaaaay!

Ok, this post has the potential to start another OS bash war, lol! Now about Win98se Vs. WinMe. Understand one thing first, WinMe was never intended as an "upgrade" to 98se, you see. More of a sidegrade, IMHO. It was just 9x evolving, not being re-designed. Now for which one is better then the other, there is no answer. Some will have better luck with one or the other. I prefer WinMe over 98se, but some others on this board will have other opinions. They both have their ups and downs....Only you can be the judge of what one's better for you!

If you already have one or the other, I *highly* recomend waiting for WinXP!! And if you can't wait, you can buy the release candidates here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/preview/default.asp

Hope this clears up some confusion!

Dos support is better in 98 than ME. In ME they shouldve either dumped Dos totally or left it the way it was in 98.

I personally had no luck with ME and would recommend sticking with 98 for the time being, and see if WinXP will suit you.

Personally, I like Win2k over everything (all MS OSes) out there right now. But the thing with Win2k is that it doesn't work 100% on all the games I have. Since I have 2 computers, I am running Win2k for the server needs and this one I am using for Gaming. I will probably upgrade to Windows XP when it come out. In the mean time, I don't really have any problems with Windows ME. I just wish it had the same memory management like in Windows 2000.