Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Santa-Jack

Mouse Problem w/ Windows 98 SE

I recently acquired a few Toshiba Equium 5160D PCs with the following specs:

Pentium 166

64 MB RAM

WD 644A Hard Drive (Some have Maxtor HDs)

Toshiba Floppy & CD-ROM

Integrated Intel NIC/ATI Video/Creative Labs Sound

I am running a fresh install of Windows 98 SE on them but have run into a problem with the mouse. When the hard drive is being accessed, the mouse cursor moves really slow and jumps across the screen when I move it. I have not been able to figure out exactly what the problem is or how to fix it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for the help...

upgrade to the latest mouse driver from microsoft..and also...put the mouse setting about 3/4 of the way in the speed and that should solve that problem....

hey, more info is needed here, whats the brand of mouse? what slot is it connected to? usb or ps2? I've had probs with usb on my asus a7a266...using my ms intelli exploror 3.0

Quote:

Better yet, scrap Win98 and install Linux on them :P

the thing is...for me, it's NT or Linux, lol. I don't even know what the 9x kernel is anymore wink

have your tried cleaning the mouse yet...Mine sometimes gets junk on the rollers...the one on my laptop...that is.... I use a top mount infa red ball roller on my main computer...

Hey PaTiNsAnE

2 things...there is a bios update that takes care of the usb issue...unless you have your mobo O/Ced.....and also try the latest update released for the intellimouse last month...made mine run smoother...