Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UnreaLord

WinME + Games = ?

Having witnessed all these controversial opinions,I'd like to ask something:

I have both Win2k Prof. and Win98 first edition installed.I use Win2k for internet and work and win98 for games.Would it be wise if I upgraded win98 and installed WinME?I say again that I use Win98 only for games.thnx

If all you use win98 for is games then don't bother. Upgrade win98 to 98SE. But forget about winme.

Yeah, ME is really worthless to upgrade to from 98. Its worthless to upgrade to from 95. Im running it on my test system, but that's it. MS doesnt know how to make good media players anymore. Media Player 7 sucks, and any other product including Real Player is much better. MP7s equilizer is worthless, and doesnt work right. Movie Maker is installed by default and you cannot change that, unless you hack around in the registry and remove it that way. Plus this so-called improved stablility is BS; if anything it's worse under ME

I absolutely hate windows 98 first and second edition and since i like win2k i prefer win me because it has roughly the same look and feel. It is eaisier to install cause it has all the drivers for my system built in, it does not take two weeks worth of downloads from windows update to get it up to date and it boots much faster. I would pick winme over 98 any day for my 9x of choice. The fact of the matter is i don't use it or 98 anymore i keep winme around just incase i need to extract some war3z with a DOS app or something like that. All my gamming is done on XP.