Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
8======D

Disable Scandisk Autoscan

In widnows ME how do I disable gay scandisk so it doesn't do its autoscan when windows starts up?

well...if you want to talk, for one thing, it's not just scandisk that is "gay", the fact that you have Windows Millennium installed on purpose is gay..

edit the GAY MSDOS.SYS file for crying out loud....it's located in the GAY C drive...

Click on start and then run and type "MSCONFIG" without the quotation marks. Click on the advanced button and then put a check mark next to disable scandisk after bad shutdown. This is true for windows 98 and I am almost 100% sure this is true for ME.

------------------

Frank

A+, Windows 98 and NT MCP

Quote:
Originally posted by 8======D:
I do everything else in BSD linux.

So, which is is? *BSD, or Linux? :P

They are different kernels/OSes.

-bZj

why are you here then if you don't use windows. There are linsux/unisux/Free..BS!! forums out there. You come here, with the most immature frickening name I have ever seen, and you don't even use the damn OS.

figures....

if you want to know why i'm harsh, just ask Down8...

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 30 November 2000).]

yeah, I don't bring Down8 into this...but I just hate people like whatever his name is...suppose to be a dick or something as a username...anyways, it's immature and just goes to show how far his computer skills are...about as far as a dickhead's skills

Jdulmage are you some fricken Nazi or something. So what if he uses freeBsd or Linux or Mac OS, his original question was about Winme and seems as how this is the win9x section of the board that is not such a bad thing is it.

Alot of the people here who ask questions about win9x do it because this is basically the best established forum for help no matter what os. i personally dual boot win2k and winme. Just because someone uses an os other than 2k doesn't make them stupid or inferior. winme is superior to 2k in one thing games especially for people who haven't got p4's or thunderbirds etc, yes 2k runs games well but not as well for lower cl@ss systems.

------------------

CELERON 333

Asus p2b-b motherboard

64 mg ram

Seagate Barracuda 20.4 gig

Abit Hotrod Ultra Ata 66

Voodoo 3 2000-3000 hybrid (2000 with tv out)

Sound Blaster Live value

Realtek nic

[This message has been edited by ACID (edited 02 December 2000).]

Go to the dos prompt and type

msconfig

then hit the advanced button on bottom right, check the box "Disable scan disk on bad shutdown"

Good ole scandisk is disabled. Thank you for the help. Oh yeah, jdulmage, don't piss me off or i'll get some people to help DoS your system. Yes, i know DoS's are lame but they work.

haha..

go for it, computer is up about 18 hours a day, you have ample time

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 02 December 2000).]

Sigh. I wanted to see if our little DoS'r would ping it all night long and ya go ahead and mess it up. Oh well.

smile

um this may sound like a stupid question but what does it mean to DoS someone I am ***uming that it is some type of malicious attack of some sort. also to the dickhead i think that you put to many = in your username