Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gambler FEX online

Win ME and sudden HD access

I just installed winME, and started up Rollcage 2. Then after a while playing (second track, lap 2) the framerate got choppy. I noticed the HD was accessed in the background (not by the game)..

I have 448MB ram so it isnt low ram/disk swap, I also have disabled scheduled tasks.

What can it be and how to I disable it?

Ok, did so, but now I got another problem. Its 3D sound and Rollcage 2. Suddenly, when I drive, the engine audio (that goes wrooom, wrooooom) pans from front, to rear left, rear right and then to front again. Also, when the car jumps far up it bets kinda muffed.

When cars pass and rockets pass the audio seem to come from the right speakers, and the right levels, but Im not sure. I mean the 1 rocket is too weak.

What on earth can it be? Someone had anything similar?

Thanks you

Not sure...but changing to ME would most definetly not fix your problem.

Mabye you need to upgrade/downgrade soundcard drivers? Upgrade to latest game patch? Mabye this is normal for the game?

do you have Office 10 Beta 1 or 2 installed? There is a slight bug with Office 10 and Windows Me that makes sudden hard drive access for no reason. I had the problem at one time myself. Also, maybe defragging would help, I don't know.