Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gambler FEX online

bootable CD images download

here is my situation:

I have no floppy-drive

I have two fat32 partitions but none of them can be booted from

I have no win9x cd to boot from.

I need to make a bootable CD, and have looked around the net for how to make it, but all of them requires me to first make a bootable floppy disk then create that as an image.

But I dont have any floppy disk, is there anywhere I can download such an image?

CrazyKiller is right, a brand new floppy drive is about 10$ at any PC place, if you do not have a computer store near you then you can go to Walmart and pay 15$ for one. Problem is then solved.

Oh yeah, I have a floppy drive all right, but it dont work in my PC. So since I'm using CD-RWin I thought I could just download what it needs to make a boot CD, a boot-disk image that is.

In advanced options in wants such an image, anyone know where I can get it?

I can use norton utilities to build it, but I dont have a floppy disk, nor do I have a copy of norton utilities! frown

try using the boottable for w2k CDs off one of those sites that tells you how to make a bootable win2k CD. Otherwise if anyone knows how to extract the bootsector off a win98 CD i will do that and send you a copy.

Gambler FEX online you best beat is to get floopy drive there no work around for this sorry bud but what your asking can't not be done.

You can do it man, but i tried looking for the exact same thing so i could burn a bootable copy of my Win98SE cd, i never found anything i was looking for nor was i able to get it to work, buy a floppy for god's sake man.

Heres a real simple quick fix. Borrow a BOOTABLE copy of WinXX from a friend.

Here is what u need and then some

This will allow you to make a bootable win2k cd but you could just use the boot image and put on whatever the hell you want. http://www.angelfire.com/de2/w2kcd/

------------------

My System

Dell Demension XPS T500

Dual Boot

Windows 2000 Pro 2195

Windows Millennium Final

PIII @ 500 Mhz (with after market heatsink and dual fan)

256 Megs Ram

TNT2 Ultra Graphics Card

Matrox Millennium PCI (for second monitor)

3Com 10/100 Ethernet Card

3Com 56k Modem

12.6 Gig IBM HD

40X CD Rom Drive

100 Mb Zip Drive

MS Explorer Mouse

MS Natural Keyboard Pro

[This message has been edited by Four and Twenty (edited 26 October 2000).]

Four and Twenty that only work for Win2000 not Win9x

SHS is right, I need a win9x (dos ) boot system, so I can access DOS and install win98. win98 refuses to install from any NT OS

I have CDR Win, it can make me a bootable CD if I give it a "boot image" I am now searching for sucha "boot image" on the net, based on win9x.

I can make it myself with norton utilities but only if I have a floppy frown

So what I am looking for is a boot image for CD-Rwin to burn., furthwermore I had a win98se CD original but I borrowed it away and haven't got it back yet, it booted fine into DOS or win98se Setup, just what I needed.

No, my computer wont have anything to do with a floppy drive it wont boot if I plug one in, yes I have tried different kables, floppy drives, different ways of attaching cable etc no go only way out is bootable CD!

I wanto play games again my SB LIVe! dont work in my SMP system, only crackles frown