Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spastic Computer Guru

Looking for opinionated answers

I don't use WinME, but my roommate does. He loves that system restore feature [cracked gamez can mess with your system :D]. From seeing what it can do, I think it would be a great addidtion to Win2K.

Another option, is Norton's Ghost, which, if I had the room, I would have made a Ghost of Win2K right after I installed it, so I didn't have to go through a complete reinstall if something does go wrong.

Those are the only two I have any experience with.

-bZj

The only problem with restore is it can eat the HD space as if it was free.... and in gigs. The second.. it slows ya system down way 2 much frown After I disabled mine, it was like upgrading form 366 to a 500 CPU. laugh

the best 3rd party program is PowerQuests Drive Image 4 pro. It kicks the crap out of ghost because ghost wont let you burn directly to CD-R/W and access files. Plus more stuff. So if you can "aquire" it i recommend PQ Drive Image 4 pro

Of course, Win2K does have backup software. If you happen to have a 2nd HDD, you can use it to backup your important data to the 2nd HDD. No additional cost, either. wink

------------------

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" -Adolph Hitler, 1935