Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wraptor

Can't partition over 64GB with WinME

I'm using a promise fastrack100 raid controller under winME ..I have 2 hard drives connected totalling 98GB using the "spanning" option.. the largest partition I've been able to make is 64GB.. I've tried partition magic, fdisk, format.com etc.... Is it possible to do the full 98GB as one partition under winME or do I need to switch to win2000 and NTFS

[This message has been edited by wraptor (edited 14 September 2000).]

www.wmeworld.com = Windows Me Site www.ntcompatible.com = Windows 2000/NT Site

Frankly I am sick of hearing about and ansering questions about Windows Me. This is NOT the place to ask the question. I think it is about time that people stop posting Win 9.x related questions here unless they are somewhat related to NT as well.

"GO TO YOUR HOME!!!" - Adam Sandler

here is the link again click away now bye bye -> www.wmeworld.com

------------------

My System

Dell Demension XPS T500

Triple Boot Windows 2000 Pro 2195 (allways reliable) / Windows Whistler Pro 2250 (cool but buggy) / Windows Millennium Final (waste of disk space)

PIII @ 500 Mhz (with after market heatsink and dual fan)

128 Megs Ram

TNT2 Ultra Graphics Card (with the core and memory overclocked by 20 Mhz and dual voodoo coolers)

Matrox Millennium PCI (for second monitor)

3Com 10/100 Ethernet Card

3Com 56k Modem

12.6 Gig IBM HD

40X CD Rom Drive

100 Mb Zip Drive

[This message has been edited by Four and Twenty (edited 14 September 2000).]

Thank you Four and Twenty. That really needed to be said. I have been ignoring 9x questions but it's getting harder to wade through the 9x crap to find the NT/2000 stuff. Moderators?

hey wraptor---were you talking to a guy named Lee on Wed afternoon?

I heard him talking to someone, and asked me about a 64GB limit on a raid....wondering if it's coincidence, or if I've just aided in adding a new member to the NTCompatible forum

Hey guys? if This is whom I think it is, it's my fault he's here...I told him(through another person) to come here and search for the 64GB thing..as I had thought I'd read about it here.

Flame me, not him

Sorry doods... thanks for the direction ... I finally figured it out too... sorry about the post =(

How about a millennium forum in the 'other' category? laugh

Just a thought smile

[This message has been edited by CM (edited 14 September 2000).]

Hey four and twenty did you read the title of this forum, win9x/ME, therefor it is for 9x questions, if you do not want to answer them then don't, but why waste the time saying how much you hate answering the questions, it is on every post and quite frankly gets rather annoying.

I believe this thread was moved here from another forum. This forum has only recently been added.

Look on the promise website and you will find what you need. I've researched this issue before and it's on there somewhere.

Also if your going RAID and using 64gb FAT32 is a waste, a security risk, and more prone to disk error. Go with 2000 & NTFS.