Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gramaglia

AudioPCI....or RealPlayer?

I recently changed the sound card, from a SB32 PnP to a AudioPCI 128 (must be read Ensoniq 1371....) and I installed WinME.

I always get a random blue screen, mostly when I watch or listen to media files.

This happens more and more often with RealPlayer, but before its installation there was no trace of these flaws...

The blue screen tells me something happens at address 0028 ;(xxxxxxxxx, sometimes in VMM.VXD, other times in ---.VXD!!!

Any suggestions (other than goin back to 98 or upgrading to win2k)?

eddie you fewl...we all know you didn't mean that...considering I had the same sound card..a Ensoniq AudioPCI, I changed to 128 AudioPCI....

I would get Windows 98 drivers from Creative's site....or use the CD that came with your sound card and manually update the drivers (that means, don't use the setup options) and install it that way

forgot to mention that creative is lazy because they haven't release Windows Me drivers out yet...but Nvidia and RealTek released drivers for their stuff before Me was released to public

------------------

-------------------------

Because I can.....

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 20 September 2000).]

Ok Jdul thanks.I tried Creative drivers and things are somewhat better, but the error, although less frequently, comes back again. I tried also the newest downloaded from Intel (WDM drivers), but to no avail...

Then I noticed another strange thing, WinME tells that the IRQ Steering has some problems getting the peripherals listing, but there is not a warning sign at all, I looked just to be sure....

Should I change the way Windows interrogates the Bus? There are 3 choices (4, but one is greyed out)

- Microsoft

- BIOS

- Another way I just can't remember, I'll look when I return home tonight...

More to come! (If u are interested ;))

Well other than getting Creative drivers, reinstalling Windows and getting latest bios, that's about all you can do

------------------

Because I can.....

Ok, the four options are

1)Get IRQ Table using ACPI Bios

2)Get IRQ Table using MS specification Table

3)Get IRQ Table from Protected Mode PCIBIOS 2.1 call

4)Get IRQ Table from Real Mode PCIBIOS 2.1 call

The 4th option has always been greyed out.

The error was given with option 1 and 2 enabled.

When I disabled the first and enabled the 3rd, there were no more problems, but blue screens continue, (much more rarely, but they come).

Does anyone know the right option to enable?

It's a Pentium MMX 233, with a VX chipset, 64MB RAM, one SCSI PCI controller and a SCSI ISA controller, a Voodoo Banshee PCI, and the AudioPCI 128 (CT4810) Sound Card.

CT4810 and ES1371 are the same card.

Well, it's WinME... Installing Win98SE DOES resolve the problem....But not the IRQ Steering.

Anyway, no more blue screens

get the latest drivers, it should solve the problem

------------------

2 Computers both have :

Intel SE440BX2

Pentium III 700Mhz (100)

LS-120 120 Mb (100MHz)

Fujitsu 17.3 GB Ultra DMA 66/10.2 GB Ultra DMA 66

Mitsubihi 50X IDE

Creative Vibra PCI 128bit

Matrox Millenium G400 16Mb AGP/Diamond Speedstar 8Mb AGP

Bay Netgear 10/100PCI

Medium ATX Tower case

120W Multimedia

MS INternet KB (PS2)

MS Win2000 Pro

Just done, bobbin.

Solved nothing.

It seems though to be a problem with Advanced Power Management, or what WinME uses to manage Standby and so on....

I'll try to delete the driver from the components tree and see what happens.