Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mark W

Voodoo 2 in Me

I have an old system I threw together for my kids. I'm trying to get an old Diamond Monster II (voodoo 2) working properly under Me. The 3dfx 9x reference drivers seemed to cause problems and I never did manage to get them to work properly. The older Diamond drivers were a little better but still unable to pass the dxdiag tests. Does anybody have a V2 working properly under Me? System is a (don't laugh - its for my kids!) P200, S3 Trio 64, SB16, Linksys nic.

Thanks.

How dear you to give such a lame system to your kids. Don't you love them? Don't you know the games require the cutting edge hardware? Sure that system is good enough to browse Internet and type an odd word document, but for the game you need the latest, hottest stuff on the market!

Hehe smile Don't take it personally I just had to say something smile

Why Windows ME? How about Windows 98?

Windows 98 is with all the older hardware full compatible. Even my Sidewinder 3D won't work in Millennium frown.

Hey they are only 7 and 5! Pajama Sam, Freddi Fish, and Elmo run ok on a P200. It does have 64mb ram so its not constantly thrashing. Yeah win98 will work ok, but I like the fact that winme starts and exits faster (you know how impatient kids can be!) Anyway, I have been pretty satisfied with the way me is running on it except for the V2 trouble.

Jeeze, you guys. What pissants! Heck, my poor wife is still playing DooM on a P133! (She's also coding a ton of 32-bit software with Delphi on the same machine.) wink

------------------

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" -Adolph Hitler, 1935

Hmm, i'm half tempted to go and install winme again with my voodoo2 just to see if i can get it working.

I finally got it working using an older Diamond driver, but it still isn't 100% working. Dxdiag only works sometimes and others it freezes, but overall, it seems to be working for their games so I'm happy.