Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dankux

Full version ME

i Have a full ver. ME.. and i get the errormessage. U CANT UPGRADE with this copy..

GET THE UPGRADE.

I once read a trick. to do this with 98..

Well i forgot it. and doesnt even know if it works with ME..

Pls. help out ...:-).

----------------------

Kux

------------------

Greetings from DK

Not much of a trick wink Just delete, or as Freak said, rename Win.com to anything.

Just remeber.... Full, clean install is always better then an upgrade. Upgrades have been knows to create more problems in the already p****ed operating system ;-)

Yeah its hardly a trcik, but Microsoft wouldn't exactly document it either.

I once had to put Windows 95 release A onto a computer that was running Release B, I coudb't delive it, doiong a down grade on the o/s instead ofan upgrade, well that was my school for you, always backward at being forward!

That was what I did though, renamed Win.com and it worked! I did that too with Win 98 SE, wanted to upgrade Win 98 first edition, but wasn't as successful.

Hmm I wonder is some moron will try and upgrade Win 2K with Win ME ?? No wait a minute I expect someone already has , my old school!!

------------------

------

My Computer

Pentium II 350

Gigabyte 6BXC M/B

16 meg Voodoo 3 2000 AGP

128 Meg of RAM

18 gig Western Digital Expert HDD UDMA 66

Sound Blaster Live ! 256

56k Modula Tech V90 USB modem

4 x SCSI writer

Advansys Host SCSI controller

dankux that not Full ver of WinME,

The Full ver WinME can be use for both Full & Upgrade what you have is know as OEM Copy

(New System Only) so it only allow you to do a new Install not upgrade but there more then one way to skin a cat like some poeple said here hehe.