Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sterling_Dragon

OK... I have a K7N2G Mainboard... with Built in...

I have a K7N2G Mainboard with Built in LAN,Sound, And Video AGP... I have both sound and video working perfectly... but I cannot use the LAN Card for some reason... I am a total noob to Linux and need all the help I can get... I have drivers for the LAN card for linux but I don't know how to install it... Currently it's located on my Linux Desktop... From there I have no Idea how to add it into the list of drivers used by linux to register my LAN card as a usable device... the weird thing, is that the LAN card shows up in the hardware profiles in Linux... but will not read anything from it... I cannot select Cable or LAN from the configuration... Please help me... am I doing something wrong?

Thanks much

-Matt

What distro and version are you running? Redhat 9, SuSE...

Are you trying to use the NVIDIA drivers?

The nForce chipset motherboards requires some special configuration in many cases.

You have souund working? Did it work on install, or did you have to do some work on this?

I'm interested, as I just got one of these nForce boards and are having varying results, depending on the distro.

I got Mandrake Cooker installed, which should be the same. It is apparently not unusual for the LAN not to work.

I'm going to try the NVIDIA drivers and post back later.

Unfortunately, I could not get the NVIDIA drivers to install in Mandrake Cooker, as it uses kernel 2.6.0. I found that The nForce onboardLAN appears to be an issue. The only distros that accept the nForce onboard LAN for me has been Lindows and Mepis.

Mandrake crapped out on sound for me, all I get is static.

I am going to work on this over the weekend.

Hi all

I have one of the motherboards I cant get any output to my moniter can any body help