Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Elian_Gonzalez

Windows Explorer

man, i know this topic was covered before, its a good question too, and i don't know the answer to save my life, try using the search feature, if that doesn't work, just reply and say you didn't find anything and i'll give you an alternative.

just change "Target" and "Start in" to "c:\" in the shortcut properties.

i know this probably isn't what you want, but its all i can come up with right now.

If you place

"explorer /e,/root,c:\"

in the command line, you'll wind up with a dual pane explorer window which views the root of the C: partition, but which does NOT allow you to move upward (to My Computer) in the tree.

If you place

"explorer /e,root,/select,c:\"

in the command line, you'll get the full tree in the left pane, with the root of the C: partition selected in the left pane, and its contents shown in the right.

Hope this helps. There's an MSKB article on command line switches for explorer that might be helpful.

Regards,

Jim

Yeah thats right... but how about having C: selected, but NOT expanded? I hated having to close My Documents for the time when I didn't know about this switch, but its just as annoying having to close down C: if I want to goto D: for instance.

--Cynan.

Elian,

Two things;

Hold the windows button on your keyboard down and press 'E' (this opens explorer 'unexpanded').

The other thing is right-click on 'my documents', 'shortcut' tab and then change the 'target'. Thats what I did and it should work.

Regards,

Jez