user i get an error message saying Error in the Path for Active Directory or

something like that. So well can anyone help me with this Problem. Its

really annoying for me cos i need to setup sometimes accounts on my Machine

to try something then remove them again. So I hope someone will be able to

help

--

Thanx

~*(hAyThAm)*~

you can verify what groups users are in by going to start>settings>control panel>users and passwordsthat should do it

------------------

I cant help it I have Attention Deficit...hey whats that over there?

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SimiaN:
you can verify what groups users are in by going to start>settings>control panel>users and passwordsthat should do it

</font>

Thanx man But what i am talking about is when you open the Users and Passwords and Choose the Advanced Tab then choose Advanced again it will Open the Users Snap In. When you Click on Users then Double Click a User (Open the Porperties of a User) then Choose Member Of i dont see the Group Names or anything at all. I just see the Computer Sign there and Blank next to it. And when i click on Add the Snap In Crashes
frown

So any help ?!?!?

I wonder if you could get these symptoms if access to administrative templates were restricted. Is this machine a standalone or logging onto a domain?

No i dont get that for the Administrative Template. and this machine is a standalone.I am the Adminiatrator. umm ?!?!?!?

sorry about that man...ya I dont know what would cause that execept if you had a profile that didnt allow you to add users to groups...but you said its a standalone so hmm? ya I'm with you man I havent heard of this or seen it yet.

----edit-----

you know you may want to look at your local security policy see if something is changed in there its in administrative tools "local security policy" you may be in a group that resricts you from adding users to groups. Because if I'm not wrong I think most restrictive permission takes precedence.

------------------

I cant help it I have Attention Deficit...hey whats that over there?

[This message has been edited by SimiaN (edited 20 March 2001).]

Well, there is another spot you can go to look at user information, and i find it to be much easier to manipulate.

First, go to start->settings->taskbar->and in here go to the second tab at the top and check the box that says "display admin tools"

Then go to start->programs->administrative tools->computer management->local users and groups.

From here you can select users and/or groups on the computer. A quick workaround may be to re add your user. Then, go to the groups folder and double click the group you want to add the member to...for instance...the "Administrators" group. From here, you can add the user you want.

You have a lot more control of the user profile from this directory than you do from the one you are going to. Try it out, but if it doesn't work, you might want to reinstall win2k. Good Luck.

Hey HurU;

This is a new Fresh installation of Win2k. I installed everything as before excpe Office XP this time instead of Office 2k

So umm ?!?!?

Also if i open the Manage Computer its still loading the same Snap In and i get the same error