Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sphincter

Voodoo 3 Refresh Rate

I have recently installed a Voodoo3 2000 AGP card. Everything in Win2K is OK, except when I try and play games. I have installed the latest drivers from 3DFX, and in games, my refresh rate is 60hz.

I have tried the program suggested by Anthony, but it does not change the refresh rate properly, and I am unable to see the screen.

I am not using the 3dfx OpenGL, because the new drivers allow the use of regular OpenGL.

Can somone let me know the exact registry key to change? I want to play in 1024x768 at 85hz, and am unable.

Thanks in advance...

OK...I have found the solution. Using the Voodoo frequency Selector like Anthony said did not work with the latest version of the drivers. (1.03) But, it does work perfectly with version 1.02.

I installed the older drivers, and all is well...

With the latest drivers there are a few registry changes that must take place. Email me at busby1218@charter.net or post here if you want the specific keys.

The only he going get higher refresh rate in opengl he will need to copy the older drv kit like v5 drv 1.03 kit extract glide3x.dll, 3dfxogl.dll then rename 3dfxogl.dll to opengl32.dll copy the game folder other then that you have live with it.

[This message has been edited by SHS (edited 11 March 2001).]

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/3dfxvs/Device0/Timings

Each resolution is listed and when the subitems are expanded they are refresh rates. Delete the ones lower than what you want. Like say you want 85 hz, you delete 60 hz, 72 hz, and 75 hz.

Busby it not going do any good with OpenGL

Beats the hell outta me. When I install Win2k I install the 1.03.00 drivers and then after one stupid attempt at gaming using only a 60 hz refresh rate I remember to go hack my registry. The biggest difference after doing this is in Counter-Strike. I can actually tell that i'm not using 60 hz. Just trust me smile

go to winnt\system32\ look for 3dfxogl.dll

rigth click on it go to properties then click on version is newer then 1.0.0.0700 ICD

you must goting very lucky being that anthing higher 1.0.0.0700 ICD don't work for me & min other people

Well I've kept the same EXE for installing files all the time, I don't know if I just have a good version of the installer or what.