Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DeadCats

Hello Everybody, New member here! apk

Welcome, Alex! Good to see another 3DFiles junkie here. laugh

------------------

"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat. You talk to it but you're never really sure it hears you, much less comprehends what you say." -DeadCats, 1999

"Talking to DeadCats is like talking to a dead cat." -MrsDeadCats, 2001

I hear ya, which is why I started frequenting 3D Files a while back. A nice change of pace.

You won't find things nearly as hectic here. Things have been rather slow of late. However, there've been more posts regarding WinXP and with it's increasing nearness there will be considerably more.

Let's see; what else...

Much less schmoozing here. Most posts are at least somewhat computer related...

No 300+ posts a day to wade through...

DosFreak has not attained Gawd-status here (yet). He's pretty much mainstream in this forum. laugh

And oh yeah; no having to re-register every week!!!

------------------

"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat. You talk to it but you're never really sure it hears you, much less comprehends what you say." -DeadCats, 1999

I think everyone was sick of re-registering every week.

(Not my main reason for avoiding 3DFiles, but an added deterent.)

Glad to see you've come APK, I think this board will suit you fine.

-bZj

Quote:
Originally posted by CUViper:
hey apk, there's a small typo in your game tuning guide.... you're missing the 'r' in rnals.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">www.systeminternals.com - other than that, looks like a nice guide!

Fixed

We have our share of lamers and flamers, that's for sure. You won't remain virgo intacta forever here. laugh

But the ones that remain tend to turn into contributors. (And YES, jdulmage, I AM referring to you.) laugh

Extremely knowledgeable, helpful folks here for the most part.

------------------

I would like to know where my previous reply in this thread went.......

I del it, as long you don't try start some kind of war here like you doing over at Ars Technica.

SHS would you be so kind as to *ALSO* remove APK BS and trolling and not applying a double standard.

Thank you.

--- MWNH ---

Did you read any of the posts at ARS, then only then you'll understand.

But thank you for enforcing censorship 55 years after we rid the world of scum.....

Yes I have read some of them but,

Let this specific issue drop,

Make a concerted effort to post in the right forum.

I sure will, if you plan to enforce the same rules on APK as you do on others.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

You make a mistake if you see what we do as merely political</font>

Yes as long there no flame war I petty much do.

Then why is alec's post on the previous page not deleted....? It looks like he is trying very hard to change the facts.

This is the thread he refers to, although all his posts have magically erased themselfs.....and these are the results of his magic tweaks on the config.sys....

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

I did what I said I would, formatted, installed all my old tweaks, then included apk's config.sys. I then put in my usual config.sys (Stacks=0,0 and that's it) and ran the test again. In the interest of fairness I ran both tests again.

perfres2.gif

I then ran 3D Mark 2000 with my config.sys and scored the following result

empty3d.gif

I then ran it again with apk's config and scored this

apk3d.gif

Just to clarify, I rebooted following every test and ran the test immediately upon Windows loading completely. The test was as fair as I could make it.

As you can see by clicking on the results, in Passmark APK losses out by 0.3 points (less then 0.5% I believe). In 3D Mark only 3 points seperate the two different opinions (APK losing again, but by 3 points?!)

</font>

//this is not to start a flamewar, just to shine an other light on the subject. And since this forum involves tweaking, I do believe this is the rigth place for it.

BTW: I will make a screenshot for future reference.

You mean this rigth ?

"Start Win2k & NT alot smoother... apk"

What wrong with it beside few people come from a diff forum & starting a flame war all over that you may or may not have seen ?.

That why I close the topic.

Just be fair I read all user & his post to

Actually I meant

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">(Again, the Tweakfiles mods let that guy from Ars, PeterB, call me names like that... I could only take so much thinking they just were not around, & memo (one op/admin) was!)

I know it was Peterb & TheManWithNoHead from Arstechnica!

They both quote constantly & calls names + makes psychological assessments of folks they do not even know & also comments on grammar even!

(Do you see anything terribly wrong with my spelling or punctuation in my posts?)

Thing was, I saw no Phd in psychology or english, not even an associates in those fields making those calls on me!

(I even took it, & did not toss a name back until about 50 posts later, when I got sick of it! A guy can only take so many names!)

It started with me posting a tweaklist for Win9x to restore knowledge lost in the last board crash/reinstall for their benefit there!

He came in again, nitpicking me once more, saying DOS level tweaking's not needed (hey, no tweaking is, but this can be beneficial in MANY scenarios still in Win9x of any type... read on as to why or how!)

I had basically shown him making mistakes regarding the efficacy of DOS Conventional memory tweaks saving 621k vs. 595k of a blank config.sys + autoexec.bat file!

When you tweak config.sys + autoexec.bat, you are being more efficient for creating the base memory image for shortcuts for DOS apps to improve upon even more for one thing!

He said that was not true... the numbers showed it.

He made mistakes saying Stacks=0,0 was not a tweak (well, it sure it not a default setting!). Even memo, one of their TOP techheads uses it...

He made mistakes also about a guy we had with a Cd-Rom that only had TSR support not needing this to load its drivers high! Better than Low I say!

He also made mistakes regarding a guy from Germany with internationalized display.sys & codepage drivers settings which folks overseas need in config.sys to run their systems in other than English!

(BOTH ideal candidates for this config.sys high memory area loading of autoexec.bat TSR & BlockDevice Drivers from config.sys)

Once I stated that, I started getting called names when folks agreed there with me!

It's the 3rd time in as many months they did this in fact, they got banned & busted for it by Tim (he cannot watch the WHOLE 4 forums there all the time) he knew it was they also, and so did everyone, & they finally admitted it even and called Tim names too, getting banned!

Troublemakers just re-register again & come start hassles again & again!

Plus (this really gave it away) he said "Put up or Shut Up" which I said to them both regarding ANY accomplishments whatsoever in softwares or technical articles in books, magazines, or websites even we all could see!

I did that because they flamed myself, & a guy named Pinkysqueaks later for posting tweak info. That's what the boards technical are for I thought!

I asked 'Show us they were indeed expert some online or published content of yours that judges in our field felt was orignal or creative & ranked it highly' neither one could! It ticked them off, well so did flaming me for no reason at their board as a newbie!

(It really must have gotten to them to keep this up for 4 months now, and they said they would get my softwares removed online as well... in addition to threatening me with a bat to my head!)

My software's still there, doing better than before at #10 on the Top50 Other Utilities chart up there with Norton & Microsoft stuff for nearly 11 months now!

Anyhow... enough on that!

</font>

This is very much an unbalanced view on the matter and shouldn't be in this forum. He makes some respected members of the Ars Forum look bad, with out giving all the facts. (He coming back after being banned at least once and his tone of voice in some of the posts....)

You forgot this beatifull thread...makes you look mature.

And this would be your 3th post

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">If you say so... lol! Not that it matters...

I'm coming bearing gifts & performance tips right off the bat & am getting demeaned & sworn at by you?

This is good "Kung-Fu", & the programs are my gifts...

* See, when I go to a party, I usually bring something for folks to enjoy & walk away with helping them out... I look at messageboards the SAME way!

APK

P.S.=> I'm gonna open up point-blank with guns blazing on you I guess, your type of person (Messageboard GOD) shows me you only understand that type of behaviour, so here goes:

1.) Write better stuff than I did and show me you got as high a rating where stuff like that is rated like ZDNet, CNET, & others... and then I might listen! lol... till then? Please just stay outta my face, Ok?

2.) Show me whitepapers corporate bodies or software houses use that you did, and I MIGHT take that back... I showed mine, they're proven effective & in use!

(Thing is? I know you can't... no way, no how... so I think you know what I think of YOU already! I wouldn't be this harsh, but telling me to **** off in that other post merits this... enjoy it, swallow it down pal! lol...)

* Sorry folks, this guy is the type of person (swearing at me right off) that I have to flatten with his own tactics... neanderthalic & primitive!

ap

</font>

just because STi Sev used a little sarcasm?

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Your ALREADY a pain in the *** .

(I'm not saying im not :P

</font>

///Personally I doubt this post will be up here very long. Yet I know what I put here. But i'm sure we can take it outside, I'll let you know when i'm in the neighbourhood...

You did indeed behave in that thread, hell you were helpfull......

But this would be you responding to some critisism after giving us your tools here

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Write a better one fool...

seriously!

You can't... and I know it!

Why the 5 of 5 star rating from ZDNet... and anyone can do that with VB idiot, make a stupid messagebox!

Listen... just ONE of you... show me you have done something like I have!

Honestly.. this is where I KICK THE ****ING CRAP OUTTA YOUR DUMB ASSES... you are nothing but fleas... and I KNOW IT!

LOL... no **** !

Like that boys? Me punching a hole into your asses SO deep you are crying but have nothing to show yourselves?

LOL...

AP

</font>

Nice....

5371, please take it outside.

Thanks.

biggrin.gif

P.S. Thanks for the sigs back, SHS.

------------------

But offcourse you are a bit paranoid....

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Right...

Whatever... I know what's what... any forum that has dorks that call names like that deserve to be blasted like I did to them!

Try that in real life folks, watch what can happen... I know their type! I just used what you might call wit & TANGIBLE proof to blow them away!

Sorry, I am not some worm that takes that crap! Sorry for the misspelling too on Freudian... but, I guess ANYONE can edit someone's post right?

LOL... I ran that thru a spell checker before i posted it genius, always do... funny, it's suddenly misspelled like that!

AP

</font>

Sure someone is editing your post to misspell words....looking at your posts they would have a full time job.

Goodnight Alex hope you sleep as good as I will, but remember we'll be watching....hope you like Gianti...

If somebody needs a good reference to Alex his adventures on the arsforums, please visit; halfway down this page is a good guide...

ADMINS!!! Let's say we close this thread, huh? I haven't seen anything here worth continued discussion on this otherwise fine forum.

And really, if this **** keeps up, please ban them. I don't care how helpful any of them have been (yes you alex), but this is not appropriate conversation for this website.