Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TLL

Newbie 2K Pro startup Q

Hi

I am still getting used to using 2K as I have only had it for about a week.

One thing that is bugging me, apart from not being able to boot from my ATA100 on my A7V is this.

When I boot into windows, the items in the startup tray are loaded, volume, zonealarm and my mouse program. Everything seems fine as if I have booted with no problem.

If I go into Start | Settings | Network and Dialup Connections, the machine freezes.

If I leave the machine for about 2 minutes, it carries on as normal. It does this everytime guaranteed and doesn't do it in any of the other branches of the Start menu.

I thought it was Norton Autoprotect and/or Auto Liveupdate but I have disabled both of these to no avail.

If I look at Task manager during this freeze process, I cannot see anything running apart from the Idle process.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this problem and how to stop it?

This will probably be the first of many questions so I hope you don't get fed up with me too soon.

TIA

Mark

try a clean install, after its done, install your apps one by one using the process of elimination to find out if a particular one is causing this.

I have noticed weird "pauses" on my friends A7V where it looks as though the system is totally locked and then all of the sudden it is functional again. It is very strange and i was not able to solve the problem but I though you might be interested to know that other people experience pauses with this board as well.

Thanks for the replies.

I installed it with a clean install and don't really want to have to do it again.

The problem seems to lie in the Network and Dialpup folder, it also pauses if I explore my drive and go to the aforementioned folder through browsing my drives.