Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
falcon26

How do I get windows explorer to ???????

How do I get Windows Explorer to stop starting in the "My Documents" folder everytime I start windows explorer to look at all my files and folders? I want it so it starts with nothing showing basicly, so just my C drive is present.

Thanks, falcon26

Staring it with the keyboard shortcut 'Windows+E' starts it off at 'My Computer', otherwise modify it's icon shortcut to sart as 'Explorer c:\' if that's where you want it to start.

In the shortcut properties, you need to set the "Target:" to:

%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,c:\

-bZj

PS: you can change c:\ to any path, of course.

I was wondering if there is any way to make a shortcut that would start my computer or my network places in explorer mode. Also is there somewhere that i could find a complete list of keyboard shortcuts for windows?

Well, if you're using Win2K, there is a little button at the top, between 'Search' and 'History' that will bring up the Explorer view, but I don't know of any way to make it open like that when you dblClick on the Desktop icon.

I would check Yahoo! for 'windows short cut keys' or something, or maybe Microsoft.com.

-bZj

I know about the folder button and i have a full list of keyboard shortcuts what i really want is to be able to make a shortcut that opens my computer or my network places in explorer mode.