Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
_japsje

Belkin USB Wireless adapter

Hi there!

I have a Belkin Wireless USB adapter (F5D6050n) but I can't find a linuxdriver.... does someone know how I can install and configure it in Linux?? I'm using SuSE 9.0

You're right!

It's an Atmel chipsite...

But when I try to compile, I get this error: X include missing.. or at least the X include as the error message...

Any Ideas?>

I had

You need libxforms0.89-0.8.9-1cl RPM for i386.

You can find it at http//www.hklpg.org/RPM/conectiva/snapshot/i386/RPMS.extra/libxforms0.89-0.8.9-1cl.i386.html

Regards

Zorba

I have similar device in the UK, but it seems to be a later device FCC ID is K7SF5D6051; this identifies itself as Vendor 0x050d PID 0x0050.

This device is not picked up by the at76c503-rfmd driver (I'm on Mandrake 9.2) - I've tried all the suggestions in the source package.

Any ideas?

Now, my Belkin USB device works fine with Mandrake 9.1.

It worked immediately using the driver and the step-by-step from here

http//www.jennings.homelinux.net/atmel.html

wink

Regards

Zorba

I tried jennings' stuff that with my device, but no luck!! (That was his updated one for Mandrake 9.2) - the UK variant doesn't want to play.

I have a F5D6050 - works fine under SUSE 8.1 (after some work). First you need to install the kernel development packages. Then download driver from http//atmelwlandriver.sourceforge.net (version 2.1.2.2), gunzip and follow the instructions. You only need module usbvnetr.o, and you may also need to hack /etc/sysconfig/hotplug so that usbvnetr gets loaded in place of one of the others.

To set up you need to run YaST and install this as an ethernet card (ignore the USB button), then set up the wireless options manually, so

/etc/sysconfig/network/icfg-eth0 looks something like

BOOTPROTO="static"

BROADCAST="192.168.0.255"

IPADDR="192.168.0.100"

NETMASK="255.255.255.0"

NETWORK="192.168.0.0"

REMOTE_IPADDR=""

STARTMODE="hotplug"

UNIQUE=""

WIRELESS="yes"

WIRELESS_ESSID="YOURSSID"

WIRELESS_KEY=""

WIRELESS_MODE="Ad-hoc"

WIRELESS_NICK=""

WIRELESS_NWID=""

WIRELESS_CHANNEL="11"

I had to add CHANNEL to work with my Windows machines (get the later drivers from Belkin).

For 9.0 there is some good and some bad news. First, all of this is supposed to work out of the box. Which it appears to do (for some reason you need to install PCMCIA support) ... until you reboot and all you then get is an OOPS as soon as you plug the thing in ...

Except I forgot the hack for /etc/sysconfig/hotplug. Which means its back to a manual config of /etc/sysconfig/network/icfg-eth0 again. Its not quite right as the network appears OK after boot, but you can't reset it by unplugging and replugging, like you can in 8.1