Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ElBigmac

V770 ultra and win2k = display too dark

I have a Diamond V770 ultra (no driver or software available from diamond) on my win2k pro machine. On previous version of the Windows OS, I found that I had to turn up contrast, brightness and alpha correction so I could see graphics correctly in OpenGL games.

However, on win2k, there is no software that alows me to do so like on previous versions of Windows. So basicaly, I feel I'm playing with a very dark pair of sunglasses on.

I immagine that the software that allowed me to tune the display on Win98 basicaly just changed some settings somewhere on my system for me. So, I wonder if I could do it myself on win2k.

I hope someone else has been face with this problem and has found a solution.

Hi Mate,

You are correct , the default W2k drivers that install your card do not give you the contrast settings and it is very annoying.

Bar tweaking the settings on your mointor I recommend you download PowerStrip which is avalible for w2k and will give you a very high level of graphics tweaking as well as some overclocking features, RES settings and diagnostics. Give it a go.

You can download it at: http://www.tweakfiles.com/video/powerstrip.html

Cheers!

i had the same prob with my tnt2u running Quake 3 under win2k. My solution was to stop playing games on win2k. I got me a beta copy of Windows Millennium and set my sys up dual boot. Although all the games that i wanted to play worked under win2k the performace and annoyances sucked and Windows ME is fast and at least for me it is everybit as stable as win2k. So hold out for a month and you can get a copy and forget about win2k gaming it is really more trouble than it is worth. But do what you will personally i think that power strip program sux and the last thing i need is another program running all the time win2k already manages to eat 60 to 80 megs of my 128 megs of ram just to idle.