Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arin

PS2Rate, USBRate ???

Before i got my sweet intellimouse explorer, i used ps2 rate with my mouse. It was so smooth at 200mhz, but when i got my new mouse, it was usb. it is smooth and all, but myfriends that still use ps2 have a much smoother mouse. is there a program or a registry hack that will allow me to over clock the rate of my usb ports? my mouse plugs into my internet keyboard pros usb port, and they keyboard goes to the usb port on the computer.

Quote:
Originally posted by Turbo Grunkamoj:
USB rate: 125hz
This should be smooth enough... smile

AHAH turkie man! er Turbo man, i want faster, i everyone says that 125 is smooth enought, but i just was on a ****ty 120mhz machine and i put it to 200 and it was so much smoother! i want it smoother. I just wanna know if there is a way to make this better!

[This message has been edited by Arin (edited 17 April 2000).]

well, ps2 suxorz, and ps2 over clocking dosent work for my mouse, because it is usb, and it uses a usb to ps2 converter, and will not overclock properly that way, and besided from that, i plug my mouse into my keyboard becasue i have a usb internet keyboard pro from microsoft.

------------------

Athalon 500

196mb Ram

3D prophet ddr-dvi geforce

SB Live! sound card.

biostar m7mka mobo

20 gig maxtor and 3.5 gig fireball

32x tosheba, and adaptec scsi mitsuia cdr 2x4x

ms internet keyboard pro

ms intellimouse explorer

640k DSL on wintell modem with linksys dsl router

100mbit dlink nic w/wol

Same here acctually, only I dont use a Intellimouse explorer cause I think they suck, tried one and it did NOT match my requirements. I use a Logitech Wheelmouse (the ultimate mouse if you ask me smile and I plug it into my MS Natural Keyboard Pro via USB, and I think its smooth like a baby's butt. And Im a quaker to acctually so I know how important smooth mouse-movement is, with that pointed out, I must say: USB is smoooooth.

But of course every man is different (and women they say) so if you feel that USB isn't enough for 'ya then it probably isn't. smile

/Turbo Grunkamoj

What? intellimouse explorer is the ultimate mouse for gaming, it has extra side buttons, and you never get a hang with crap on the mouse ball. and using ps2 in quake 3 to make it smoother is not really nesicerrary because you cant tell it is smoother at all, just in windows you can tell.

I had my hopes up last year when the intellimouse explorer was just released, but then I took it home and tested it. It did not match up. It didnt follow my movements, quake:ing was impossible. frown

Worst mouse I have ever used acctually.

Strange indeed...the Intellimouse Explorer (you know, the one without a ball) is the best I have ever used in Quake3, etc.

Explorer USB > Normal USB > PS/2

:}

I love my Intellimouse Explorer in Q3 and UT. It kix ass. However, I would have to say that when I used PS2 Rate (in my sad and lost days before IE USB) gaming in Q1, Q2, and Q3 got a huge shot in the arm with a 100hz clock rate. I never noticed the diff with 200Hz tho...

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Is the intellimouse explorer the same technology as the cordless mouseman wheel?? If it is, it not very precise at all. How exactly does it work?? Laser? Pulse? How accurate is it?

The explorer mouse is not like any other moues out there (except for the other opticals ms makes)

It uses optical sensors. basicly there is a small digital camera that points down on the surface, then this bright red light shines thru a lens and dispurses the light over a wide area. the mouse scans the surface constantly for changes and tracks the mouses movement based on these changes. It is the best mouse.

the ultimate gaming mouse is Razer Boomslang 2000 USB when combined with an everglide or a ratpad, all this intellimouse nonsense is VERY nice for web surfing and all, but they're not that great for twitch games, if you move it too fast, it will skip

I have to disagree. I'm one of those funny little twitch players in CounterStrike, and I've never had it skip.

Only problem I've had is running off the everglide, but I just bought an HL Giganta from EG...so no worries.

I hate MS hardware, but damn I love this mouse.

If only it had the teflon pads my old Cordless Mouseman Wheel had...

man you feel usb isnt smooth enough?

getta life =)

btw i feel that if u use ps2rate or some such util that it takes cpu ie if your comp in a fight gets laggy the mouse will get even more laggy with a ps2..(in that situation)

If you are a true hardcore gamer, and you consider yourself someone who will aquire the latest bit of kit to attain the best possible performance from yourself...sparing NO cost, the only mouse i would recommend it the razer boomslang (http://www.razerzone.com)

pardon the "blatant" advertising there, but its a TRULY superior mouse, smooth at ANY sensitivity on USB..and far smoother than my slow Intellimouse exploder...have you ever been shot in the back a few times...and had to make several touches to your mousemat before bein able to face them? the only problem is its considered by some to be too sensitive...the only thing i can say to them is..get used to it

=)

I have to agree with spuddah -the boomslang is one helluvah mouse. It took me a while to get used to it. Now I can say with pride -I challenge ANYONE to a sniper duel in CS with me and my mouse. The on-the-fly sensitivity is just simply the best thing since sliced bread.

Have one wierd issue that on mine that nobody can even explain -including razor themselves. I tried to load the latest drivers on my w2000 box and it says a cab is corrupt -I load them on my win98 and they fly through. I am thinking there is a service running that is interfering? Any ideas?

------------------

Located in the midwest? Love Lan Parties? Head on over to my site, www.fwgg.org or www.lanpartycoalition.com for the real deal!