Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
falcon26

Netmeeting and Ip address????

I have Pacbell Enhanced DSL using the Cayman Router. When trying to use Netmeeting with my webcam I am able to call my friend with his Ip address but when he tries to call me it doesn't work. Netmeeting lists my Ip address as something that couldn't possible be a Ip address. When I goto the networking icon in windows 2000 for Ip addresses it just says DHCP enabled, I called Pacbell they game me an Ip address but still when my friend tried it he can't connect, none of my friends for that matter can, I can call out but I can't recieve any calls. Am I missing something here, how the heck do I tell what my Ip address is, it seems no one at pacbell has any clue, is their a way to tell somehow somewhere within windows 2000? Is it maybe because the cayman router has a firewall or something (I dont't think it does)..... Please help!

Thanks, falcon26

Your router is masking you from the internet. Using DHCP, it's giving you a private IP. The PacBell IP is what the router uses.

Check the Cayman manual. It may have specific instructions on using NetMeeting or a section about DMZ for gaming may give some clues.