Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ironman666

Printer Sharing Problems

Hi everyone. I am having problems when sharing my HP LaserJet 4Plus. I have a small network, 2 computer network. Both computers are win2k pro and have file/printer sharing enabled. the printer is setup on my P2 300. I am having trouble sharing it with the Pentium 133. The pentium 133 sees the printer when i run the network setup and it seems to install it just fine. but when i try to print from any program, nothing happens. I don't even get an error message. is there something that i'm doing wrong or are their issues with the HP LaserJet4 Plus? Thanks for any help.

Syed Ahmad

Got exact same problem but with different printer (HPDJ690C). Still haven't found the answer. Someone suggested using the IP address of the machine rather than the UNC name. Don't know if this'll help.

--

Xiven

You say you have done the obvious; installed (and re-installed) the driver on both PC:s through Start-settings-printers-properties on both machines and enabled sharing on your main PC:s printer properties sheet ?

Sorry, that's all that comes to mind, for me it worked with that.

H.

Tried using IP addresses. Worked perfectly! Strange that that should work though... Thanks smile

------------------

Xiven

Code:
ABit KT7-RAIDD750 @ 850MHz256MB PC100 RAMCreative Labs 3D Blaster GeForce2 MX (Det 10.8.0)Creative Labs SBLive! Player 5.1Macronix MX98715 100Mbit/s Ethernet AdapterIBM-DTLA - 307030 30GB Ultra-ATA/UDMA 100 Hard Drive (Primary Master on HPT)Fujitsu MPD3173AT 17.3 GB Ultra-ATA/UDMA 66 Hard Drive (Secondary Master on HPT)Creative DVD-ROM DVD1241E (RPc-1) (Primary Master on IDE)Iiyama Vision Master Pro 451 19" MonitorCambridge Soundworks DTT3500 Digital 5.1 surround speakersWin2kPro (SP-1) / WinME Dual Boot (so I can play FF7)