Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Takashi

Setting up an Incomming connection

I'm running Win2k with SP1 installed, the other day I was trying to setup my Dreamcast machine to dailup to connect to my Win2k Box, I have a nice USR 56k modem installed on my Win2k Box, so here's what I did. I clicked on Dailup networking and networking setup, then I checked Setup an incomming connection, then It gave me 2 choices of connecting using modem or direct connection, I chose the modem only. Then everything was set and I now have a Incomming connection icon in my dialup networking setup folder.

I right click on the icon and the "status" part is grayed out, but I could click on properties. Now I was wondering, how come it didn't have a box like Win9x/Me has that allow you to choose "Allow caller Access". Does anyone know what box I'm talking about? The window allows you to control if you can allow caller access or not. But anyways, so I tried using my cell phone and I called my Line connected to the modem.

The modem didnt' pick up.

Geez, what's going on... I have a WinME machine on the other side of the room it's networked. So I tried connecting the modem there and try setting up the dialup networking method, and it worked. It would pick up incoming calls. But it wouldn't do it for my win2k box. Why ?? frown